Sandboxie Control is the graphical front end to Sandboxie, and can control most aspects of Sandboxie. These are some of the things that you can do with it:
- Start and stop programs under the supervision of Sandboxie
- View files inside the sandbox
- Recover desired files out of the sandbox
- Delete the contents of sandboxes, purging all undesired files
- Create, remove and configure sandboxes
Sandboxie is primarily a mechanism to run other programs, not an interactive tool. You will typically hide the main window of Sandboxie Control, and the program will only be visible as a tray icon in your system notification area, typically at the lower-right corner of the screen:
(Note the yellow Sandboxie Control icon near the clock.)
To toggle the hidden state, double-click the tray icon, or right-click it and select the Show Window or Hide Window commands. (See Tray Icon Menu.) Additionally, you can hide the window by clicking the close button (X) at the upper-right corner of the window.
To quit Sandboxie Control and remove its tray icon from the system notification area, right-click the tray icon and select Exit.
Quick Links to More Topics
- Quick Recovery, Immediate Recovery and Delete Sandbox
- Sandbox Settings
- Disable Forced Programs
- Shell Integration
- Is Window Sandboxed?
Go to Help Topics.