The Sandboxie Control program requires a Microsoft DLL called GDIPLUS.DLL to be installed in the system. If you use Windows XP or a later version you need not be concerned with this, as the DLL is already present in your system.
However, this DLL is not bundled with Windows 2000. Follow these steps to install it:
- Visit the download page for Platform SDK Redistributable: GDI+.
- Click Continue to validate your copy of Windows before you can download this DLL.
- Click Download to download the file _gdiplusdnld.exe.
- Click Run in response to the question Do you want to run or save this file?
- Click Run in response to the question Do you want to run this software?
- Click Yes to accept the terms of the end-user license agreement for GDIPLUS.DLL.
- Enter C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 into the input box labeled Unzip to folder. (Assuming the default case where Windows 2000 was installed in the C:\WINNT folder.)
- Click Unzip.
- Make sure that a new file GDIPLUS.DLL has been created within the folder C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32.
- The installation is complete and you can now install Sandboxie.